“Are You ‘Move Ready’? Here’s Our Moving Planner To Help You Prepare For The Big Day.”
Whether you’re seeking something bigger, newer, or, you’ve finally decided upon a lifestyle change, there’s nothing more exciting than the thought of a fresh start.
A chance to rid yourself of any unwanted belongings.
A chance to declutter and shed your unwanted baggage, as you transition into your new home, and start afresh. Surely, there’s no better feeling!? Yet, as exciting as this often is, the process can be a little overwhelming for many, with the prospect of complete change and upheaval ultimately extending across most facets of life…. and then comes the countless address changes from subscriptions and memberships, to gas and electricity.
So, we’ve formulated a comprehensive moving planner to ensure things unfold a little smoother, providing you with a checklist of things to consider: ‘pre-move’, ‘day of move’ and of course, ‘post-move’.
Eview Group’s Ultimate Moving Planner
First Things To Do
- As soon as a move date has been confirmed, book your removalist.
- If you were previously renting, formally notify your rental provider of your intention to vacate the premises.
- Organise for a storage facility if you require one.
Preparing Your Belongings
- Create a list of items you no longer require or want to keep. This is a great chance to donate to charity (if the quality remains), or gift to friends and family
- If time permits, hold a Garage Sale.
- Order quality removal boxes and packing materials.
- Begin the packing process. Our advice, don’t underestimate this process, and allow at least two weeks to complete!
- Label all boxes with the room they belong to. This ensures the right boxes land in the right room at the other end of the moving process.
- If you’re packing larger, or fiddly items, write the contents of each box on top as you pack it, to make it easier to find things later on.
- Designate a special ‘move day’ bag with those items you’ll know you need, ie: keys, prescriptions/medications, wallet, glasses and phone.
- If you choose to dismantle large furniture, make sure you retain the bolts, screws etc in a clearly labelled and sealed bag, and attach firmly to the item they belong to, making it easier to find and put back together when required. Otherwise, leave it for the moving professionals!
- Dismantle outdoor furniture, keeping in mind the hidden creepy crawlies!
- Drain the oil & petrol in the lawn mower & other mechanical items.
- Back up your computer’s hard drive.
- Organise a rubbish removal service.
- Try to use everything in the fridge and freezer before the move day to limit waste.
- Defrost the freezer.
Before The Move
- Book a tradesman in (or DIY) to complete any critical repairs to the home.
- Book in a professional cleaner.
- Update/renew your home and contents insurance to reflect your new situation.
- Give your pet a familiar toy during the move to reduce stress.
- Familiarise yourself with house settlement times and schedule changeover of keys with your conveyancer/real estate agent.
- Settle outstanding bills and advise disconnection dates with any utility companies you utilise, including: Electricity and Gas, Internet and Water, Security and Pay TV.
- Contact Eview Connect on 1800 848 983 to ensure connection across all new utilities, or contact your (new) providers to arrange connections, including: Telephone, Internet, Pay TV, and Electricity and Gas.
- Plan to have sufficient money in the bank to cover the move, and any additional outlays that can pop up on the day, or few following.
Things To Consider
- If all loose items are packed and the floors are clear, your moving professionals can work much more efficiently.
- Keep a kettle, cup(s), tea bags, coffee, milk & sugar unpacked.
- Check all the cupboards before you leave.
- Lock all the doors and windows as you leave.
- Check the back of the truck before the moving professionals leave.
- Notify family and friends of your new address, telephone numbers etc
- Start unpacking
- Order a pizza for dinner for all your hard work
- Hold a housewarming party!
Relax, and… Welcome Home!
My Move Details
- REMOVALIST COMPANY
- DATE TIME COST
My Home Service Providers
- PHONE (LANDLINE)
- HOME SERVICES (mowing, cleaning)
- INSURANCE (home)
- INSURANCE (car)
- INSURANCE (other)
- PAY TV
- POST OFFICE BOX
Changing My Address
- DRIVER’S LICENSE
- CAR REGO
- ELECTORAL ROLL
- MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS
- AUSTRALIAN TAXATION OFFICE
- PRIVATE HEALTH
- SPORT MEMBERSHIPS
- ONLINE MEMBERSHIPS
- LOYALTY CARDS